Thursday, July 23, 2009

The one with the Wedding Dresses

Yesterday I went with my wonderful friends, Penny, Bethany, Khalielah (and her baby Mahalia), and one of my bridesmaids, Cassiopeia, to try on wedding dresses. We went to David's Bridal in Mission Valley and had a much better experience than at the La Mesa location. I tried on several dresses and definitely figured out some things that worked and some that did not work. It was a lot of fun putting the dresses on and getting feedback. When I came out of the dressing room Mahalia always had something to say, it was as if she was telling if the dress was good or not so good. She was very cute. I did learn a few things though. First, you have to leave the dress on longer than you think. Second, they need to put a mirror in the dressing rooms so the bride can see herself before going out. Third, bring every style of bra you own, and get some more, because the one they give you does not always work. I was a little sad with how the pictures turned out. I think the lighting in David's Bridal is just not flattering. Cassiopeia did her best, but the atmosphere does not cater to the "amazing photo" i am looking for. One of the two dresses that I really liked did not look good in the photographs. So now i am trying to figure out if it is the dress or just the photograph. hmmm.... After trying on dresses we went across the parking lot to Mimi's. Overall it was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment