Sunday, August 9, 2009

The one with Bon Appetit

Today Scott and I went to see Julie and Julia. I have gone to see several of Scott's movies, so it was time he went to see one I wanted to see. A line was actually forming outside the theater so I got in line while Scott got popcorn and a soda. Once I got to my seat I was thinking that some Reeses Pieces sounded good. Although I know I don't need them, a sweet treat sounded good. I didn't want to go back down and lose our seats. Scott came in and guess what he actually bought some Reeses Pieces! I didn't even ask or mention it! Wow..we must really be in sync today. We each had a few and will save the rest for dessert this week. Despite some of Scott's comments during the movie, we both enjoyed it. I have never seen so many elderly people in a theater. WOW! It was funny to listen to them talk about how dark it was in the theater before and during the movie. One group of old people at least 70+ I would say sat in the row in front of us. One lady walked all the way to the end by the wall and sat down. Her husband was getting help walking from what I assumed to be his son. He kept telling him to walk down the isle and sit next to his wife. The old guy responded with "I've known her for 65 years, why do i have to sit next to her? Can't I sit next to someone else, I already know her!" I found this to be quite hilarious. However, no one in his group laughed. As for the movie, I thought the stories were very well paralleled. I also believe I have never seen so much butter in my life. Coming from a person who doesn't EVER use butter (well maybe in brownies)...or like it, I don't know what that says, but if you need suggestions on other ways to flavor food besides butter and salt, just ask! From the foodie inside me, Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment