Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The one with the job and more!

The wait is over! I signed a contract for a full time position as a 6th grade language arts teacher at Emerald Middle School in El Cajon. I will be working with my previous principal!! Also, in talking to one of my friends I realized that all the schools I have taught at are off the same road! It must be lucky! So we have 11 days until school starts, at least one professional development day, two all day staff meetings, and I have to set up a classroom. Hmm...what should a middle school classroom look like? I am guessing I won't need cute name tags for the seats or a prize box of stickers, pencils and erasers. So much to do!

I also went to see an allergist today. I was quite pleased with the way it went. Dr. Pauls asked lots of questions and was quite helpful. I am being tested for a gluten allergy, milk allergy, all common food allergies, and some other stuff to. They took most of my blood, so I hope that something comes of the tests. Unfortunately, these tests can often come up with false negatives or false positives, so if that is the case, strict food diets are in my future. I just hope after 25 years of this problem someone can help figure this out!

2 comments:

  1. If we get together sometime soon, I can share pictures of my classroom with you so you can see what my room looked like. :)

    Hope things turn out okay with the allergist!

    xoxo, C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete