Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The one where I was rear-ended

So in the past few weeks a lot of not so good things, and really good things have happened. Here is what I mean. Two weeks ago during the first day of state testing I vomited in class (see blog about this) and was diagnosed with stomach flu (good thing it wasn't swine). I did however make it through everyday of testing! Thank goodness, I really feel it is important to be there for the kiddies. Last week, I spent most of the week eating fairly light and trying to to get sick (lots of vitamins, fluids, etc). Friday night, the 22nd, i felt a tickle in my throat, and sure enough the next morning I was quite sick. I slept most of the day Saturday. Then Sunday, I managed to make it through Kieth and Nicole's wedding...love the meds! Monday was a little better. Tuesday came, (first day back to school), I was not doing good. So at 515 in the morning I called in a sub and rushed to school, typed sub plans and came home to rest.
So we are now to Wednesday. This morning i did not feel great, but had to go to school. It was Field Day...ugh. It was a very busy morning spent using my loud teacher voice, with a cough and sore throat i might add, to control nine groups of students with approx. 20 students each in a noodle relay. After school we had our staff meeting...more depressing budget news. Then i went to physical therapy for my back. Felt good after this session and was on my way home. I was going to stop at Costco, but decided that I was just to tired. So I made a right instead of a left out of the office. Went down the hill to Fletcher and Baltimore. I was sitting in the left hand turn lane three or four cars back waiting for the green light. Then smack. I was hit by a car who obviously was not paying attention to all the cars around him...seeing as all lanes were stopped completely. The freaking out begins. I manage to put hazard on, and proceed to the shell station on the corner. Being quite angry (especially after just having my back worked on) I got out and assessed the damage. The guy also got out and asked how if i was okay. I was shaking pretty bad at this point and proceeded to tell him i was not okay. After trying to calm myself down we exchanged info, more for my back, should the injury affect it, than the car, but still we exchanged. He however, was a tad reluctant. However, for as hard as he hit, my plastic bumper held and my trunk still works. I will have to see how it drives, just to make sure everything is okay. The guy said he was sorry, and went on his way. I responded, "drive safer next time." I don't think he appreciated it, but I was quite upset. So now that i have had time to reflect, I did realize that there was a minivan in front of me, which I can only assume had kids in it. I would much rather have him hit me than the van, so maybe I was there for a reason, maybe I made the decision not to go to Costco (which would of had me in a different lane (or with my original plan of making a left instead of a right out of the office parking lot, on a different road). In order to justify why these thing have happened, I guess I want to look at the fact that the worst did not happen. Anyways, this was a long venting session. I don't know if it makes to much sense...but now you know.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, Sarah... so sorry to hear this. I'm glad that you're okay and that your car seems to be okay. This part annoyed me: "He however, was a tad reluctant." Whatever, dude. Hit someone, own up to it. Simple.

    Are you doing okay now? Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete