Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The one with the sickness

Our weekend went pretty well. We went up to Scott's parents for Nicole's Bridal Shower (scotts future cousin). We had fun and enjoyed seeing what she got. Scott went with his dad to see Star Trek.. (thanks for going so i didnt have to:-)) Then we went out to PF Changs for mothers day. Happy Mothers Day to my future Mother in Law!

Sunday we went out to do some errands and then had a relaxing day at home.

Monday, as usual, I got up and went to school. No coffee this morning. I am trying to reduce. So I got to school and did my usual thing. I had to cover up all the words, charts and take the writing down to be ready for testing. I picked up the CST's and the day began. About halfway through testing I was feeling really hungry. I ate some Cheerios. The last student finished and I was really not feeling well at this point. I picked up the tests...barely. Then i lost it and vomited in the trash can. I went from feeling fine to hot, sweaty and very sick in a matter of minutes. Barely being able to talk I told one of my students to go to the office and tell them Dr. Skube needed to come immediately...i was sick. So she had our Secretary call a sub and I went home. This was a little bit freaky for me. Then I was telling Dr. Skube what to do and I looked down at the top of my hand and it was bleeding....hmmm HOUSE anyone? I think I saw this episode. Fortunately it was just coincidence.

So I came home and took some dayquil...NOT a good idea...medicine the other way is sooo bitter. So i slept most of the day and had a few saltines. I kept down dinner, but still had a horrible headache. Around 7 I decided to call in a half day sub. Being that it is testing week, I really felt that I needed to be their with my students. I do specific things to help them, and I wanted them to know i was okay. This morning I went to school with a horrible headache. I was miserable, but at least I was just monitoring the students. I taught for about an hour and then it was recess and time to go home. I came home, had a little soup and crashed. I am now awake and blogging, but this headache still wont go away. Anyways, this will be a CST week to remember for me and my students. One of my girls told her mom and her mom came to see how I was doing. She told me she taught her daughter how to dial the office from her cell phone just in case...How nice...except the quicker way, and the kids know is to dial 555 from our school phone. But that was really nice and good for safety. Anyways hopefully i will be better for the rest of the week of testing.

3 comments:

  1. Woah!! Oh no Sarah! I hope you start feeling better. Go to the doctor or something... there is some bad stuff going around now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about this - hope you are much better now... hope to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete